At the University of Leicester School of Business, we are passionate about helping businesses. We also have a long history of working to support regional economic development and we want to go further. So, we are now delighted to announce we are running the Small Business Leadership Programme, a ten-week Government-funded programme led by academics and experts to help support small businesses and SME leaders over the coming months.
The programme will equip businesses with the leadership and problem-solving skills needed to grow in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic and the forthcoming Brexit situation, by helping:
- Plan for resilience and productivity
- Understand innovation and how it can impact productivity
- Assess employee engagement and identify actions to achieve high performance
- Strategically approach efficient operations management and value creation in businesses
- Build leadership confidence and effectiveness
- Forge lasting relationships with other small business leaders.
The programme is designed to be manageable alongside full-time work. Offered through eight 90-minute webinars across ten weeks, and up to two hours of independent study and peer-supported learning per week.
To join the Small Business Leadership Programme:
- Businesses must be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in England
- Businesses need to employ between 5 and 249 people, and have been operational for at least one year
- The participant should be a decision maker or member of the senior management team within the business with a least one person reporting directly to them
- The participant must be able to commit to attending the full ten-week programme.
We have a number of programmes for SMEs in the Oxfordshire region starting in November 2020 and January 2021. Businesses can register for the Small Business Leadership Programme online by selecting the relevant region and then the University of Leicester. To enquire further about the programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org