This document outlines everything from giving an hour to inspire the next generation to unlocking or accessing the Apprenticeship levy and from Community Employment Plans and Mentoring to the Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Awards.
The OxLEP Skills Hub can be contacted for more information but do have a look through this excellent document as a starting point.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR OXFORDSHIRE EMPLOYERS 2022-2023
As the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OxLEP), it is our role to champion Oxfordshire’s economic potential, acting as a catalyst and convener to drive a dynamic, sustainable and growing economy.
We were formally launched by the then Business Minister, Mark Prisk MP, in March 2011 with the responsibility of championing and developing the Oxfordshire economy.
We have made considerable progress in strengthening the county’s economy by establishing robust and effective relationships between businesses, academia and the public sector.
Since our launch in March 2011, we have played a key role in driving forward a dynamic, growing and sustainable economy for Oxfordshire.
Our mission and values:
Our mission statement:
The purpose of the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership is to inspire and collaborate to deliver opportunities for economic prosperity across our communities.
Our values statement:
As individuals and as an organisation, our motivation is to benefit the wider community and the Oxfordshire economy. To achieve this, our values are to be:
- Trustworthy and accountable in our processes, decisions and actions
- Outward looking in that we are open to ideas and collaborative in the way we work
- Focused and targeted in the delivery of our ambitions
- Mindful of our individual, team and social responsibilities
Highlight achievements include:
- Together with our partners, we have secured around £1billion-worth of funding, including central government and European funds, for the Oxfordshire economy
- We currently oversee a growth programme worth around £3.3billion to the county
- We have helped to create the right economic conditions to support the creation of around 51,000 net new jobs between 2011 and 2020 – representing around two-thirds a 2031 target of 85,600 new jobs
- We secured £142.5m for Oxfordshire through the Local Growth Fund 1, 2 and 3, £55.5m through the City Deal Fund, £9m via the Growing Places Fund and £8.4m through the Getting Building Fund. The investment continues to be positively-felt across many businesses and communities
As the Local Enterprise Partnership for Oxfordshire, we continue to play a vitally important role for the county, securing investment that enables and leverage new opportunities that will benefit the county’s businesses for many years to come.
Already, our work has made a significant impact, helping to create favourable conditions for economic growth in Oxfordshire. In addition to this, our team provides support for hundreds of businesses in the county, supporting their desire to grow, innovate and attract the best talent locally, nationally and internationally.
We also, alongside the private and public sectors, showcase the various economic strengths in Oxfordshire helping to attract businesses from around the world, supporting them to make the county their global base.
Read more B4 Business News here
Join our LinkedIn Page