A Guide to Making Greener Choices in 2024
As we’re in the new year, there’s no better time to embark on a journey towards a more sustainable and eco-conscious workplace. At Aston & James, we’re committed to helping you make greener choices, and this blog is your roadmap to embracing sustainability in 2024.
Understanding the Impact and the benefits:
Making simple changes can have a big impact on your environmental impact:
1. Lights – switch them off!
Reduce the length of time that lights are left on unnecessarily. Where lights are used – switch to LED bulbs to reduce the energy used.
2. Recycling bins
Encourage everyone to recycle by adding plenty of bins with signage use. These aren’t just for paper and cardboard products, and plastic, glass & tins. You can also recycle your used printer and toner cartridges.
Set your printers to default double-sided printing. You can reuse unwanted single-sided printed sheets for notes.
4. Appliances – turn them off! Save energy
Printer, laminator, and any kitchen appliances including lights when they’re not being used. Invest in energy-saving devices with sleep modes.
5. Introduce sustainable workplace supplies
Choosing and using the correct products is invaluable to your business, as it will help you to meet your company’s sustainability goals and targets. Finding products that offer enhanced sustainable and ethical credentials can mean you are making better choices, benefiting both you and the environment. (See more below)
6. Update the washroom
Switch to eco-paper towels, toilet rolls, eco-hand wash & eco-toilet roll dispensers. However, paper towels are a source of waste in office washrooms, and as they can’t be recycled, this contributes to the overall waste generated by the business. To reduce the number of paper towels used, consider providing eco-air hand dryers. Alternatively, consider using reusable hand towels made from materials such as cotton or bamboo, which can be washed and reused multiple times.
7. Recycle the difficult stuff
Products like batteries and mobile phones aren’t always easy to recycle, but some places do. Seek these places out and your company will be a true Go Green Hero.
8. Don’t be put off by the prices of sustainable products
Eco-friendly goods are produced to have a longer lifespan, so they offer better value for money in the long term.
Supports the overall sustainability of our environment
Lowers CO2 emissions
Supports local producers and growers
Products have a longer lifecycle
Good environmental business ethics
- Through adopting a professional shredding service, recycling paper and toner cartridges, and purchasing sustainable products such as eco office supplies and facilities, your business can demonstrate commitment to helping the environment through business practices.
Encourage a greener commute:
- Walk or cycle to work schemes and car sharing or using greener forms of public transport also contribute to your carbon footprint.
- One key part of CSR is about encouraging engagement in the community to support local causes.
- Stay connected with our blog for ongoing sustainability insights.
- A valuable resource for making informed and green choices.
Conclusion: As we embark on the path to a greener 2024, let’s make conscious choices that benefit us, our community, and the environment. At A&J, we support your journey toward a sustainable workplace. Let’s make this year a transformative step towards a more eco-friendly and sustainable future.
We’d love to show you how we can help make your business more sustainable, more innovative, less wasteful and more