B4 Masterclass #33 with Matt Smart: The Arts and Oxfordshire’s Skills Retention
September 13 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Matt Smart is a sculptor and installation artist. He works in reinforced resins, textiles, earth and bio-matter, constructed materials and appropriated objects, metal, plaster and wood, but mainly in bioresins, molehills and clothes.
Matt exhibits in public spaces, sculpture parks, streets and music festivals. He makes works to delight and fascinate, to be solid in concept and physically robust to resist viewers’ high spirited interactions, and to capture attention.
“Sculpture’s 3D occupation of space feels natural for exploring and describing interactions with our environment and landscape. I sculpt to raise emotion. Language and words are effective for logic and rationalised definitions, but they struggle to enable deeper, emotional social connection. Art engages our passions and beliefs.”
- 12:00 – 12:15 Arrival & Drinks Reception
- 12:15 – 13:00 Presentation by Matt Smart
- 13:00 – 13:30 Light lunch and networking with photo opportunities for delegates
The following conditions must be observed by all B4 members and guests:
- Your registration is not complete until you have received a confirmation e-mail. Please get in touch if you do not receive one.
- Photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. Attendees are warned that flash photography will be used at this event – we apologise in advance for any disturbance this may course.
- If you are unable to attend a B4 event for any reason, please notify us in writing no later than 72 hours before the event
- Other terms and conditions may apply and enforced by B4 from time to time as B4 sees appropriate such as limiting B4 Members to a certain number of spaces at events.
- It is not appropriate to leave flyers, business cards on tables, or banners at the venue. Any found will be disposed of.