- This event has passed.
B4 Masterclass #33 with Matt Smart: The Arts and Oxfordshire’s Skills Retention
Friday 13th September 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
The Arts and Oxfordshire’s Skills Retention
How can art help your brand identity and business leadership? Why is it worth investing in art? How can the arts help staff retention?
Oxfordshire has impressive cultural collections, but are they appealing to the entertainment interests and social life of young entrepreneurs, and those new to the job market?
Street art and progressive culture is blamed – or thanked – for gentrification of much of South and East London, and many of UK cities’ desirable residence districts. How can this inform Oxfordshire? What are the financial options?
Matt Smart presents on art, business, and cultural identity for growth.
Matt contributed to Oxfordshire’s ‘Local Industrial Strategy’ for central UK Government, outlining growth opportunities. He is also a sculptor, and an installation artist, commissioned for music and arts festivals, and for an international record label. He is an occasional street artist, with works in London’s Bedford Square, and Australia.
Matt writes for a UK Arts Society, and established and curated a gallery in London for artists with clinically diagnosed mental health conditions.
At the University of Oxford part-time, Matt manages funding streams for researchers to work together with business, policy organisations, social enterprises and practitioners.
All. Particularly entrepreneurs, business leaders considering brand message, those interested in staff retention, growth and innovation investment, housing planners and developers, and art enthusiasts.
- 12:00 – 12:15 Arrival & Drinks Reception
- 12:15 – 13:00 Presentation by Matt Smart
- 13:00 – 13:30 Light lunch and networking with photo opportunities for delegates
The following conditions must be observed by all B4 members and guests:
- Your registration is not complete until you have received a confirmation e-mail. Please get in touch if you do not receive one.
- Photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. Attendees are warned that flash photography will be used at this event – we apologise in advance for any disturbance this may course.
- If you are unable to attend a B4 event for any reason, please notify us in writing no later than 72 hours before the event
- Other terms and conditions may apply and enforced by B4 from time to time as B4 sees appropriate such as limiting B4 Members to a certain number of spaces at events.
- It is not appropriate to leave flyers, business cards on tables, or banners at the venue. Any found will be disposed of.