We’d like you to consider joining us if the application is successful. The reason B4 is aiming to secure support from other employers in the B4 community is that the smallest number of placements that can be applied for is 30, so we need to work together if we all want to secure funding for what I am sure you will agree is an excellent initiative and it would be fantastic if the B4 community could work together to provide this opportunity for thirty x 16 to 24 year olds.
The terms of the employment are as follows – to stress all payments are made by the Government so there is NO COST to your organisation unless you retain the individual beyond the period of six months:
- For a minimum of 25 hours a week, for six months
- Paid at the relevant National Minimum Wage for the employee’s age
- Designed to give employees the skills and experience they need to find permanent employment
Employers who successfully apply for the scheme will also be given £1,500 per job placement for setup costs (such as uniforms), support, and training.
The government has set out three key areas where employers need to focus their training efforts:
- Support looking for long-term work, including career advice and setting goals
- Support with CV creation and interview preparation
- Support with basic work skills, such as attendance, timekeeping and teamwork
If you would like to be included in the B4 community’s application to the scheme, or if you would like to recommend someone else join, please complete the short questionnaire at the link below by Monday 21st September.
Should the application be successful we will be in touch with more details as soon as we know anything.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,The B4 Team