Remote working: How to run collaborative UX workshops online.
Understand the techniques and resources needed to run collaborative UX workshops whilst working remotely.
We will look at how to plan for your workshop, tips for preparing and engaging your participants, and example exercises from different UX workshop activities.
You will leave with the confidence to be able to set up and run your own remote workshop.
- Key considerations for online workshops
- How to plan for your workshop
- What tools we use at Fruto, and what alternatives are out there
- Getting your resources and participants ready
- Collaborative exercises (eg. empathy mapping, journey mapping, design sprint sessions, sketching exercises)
Who is it for: Designers, UXers or Managers – anyone who wants to deliver a collaborative UX workshop.
Level: Beginner to expert.
Schedule: Time: 1:30-5pm
Breaks: There will be a short break.
Length of course: 3.5 hours in total
- Reliable internet connection
- A Mac computer (Sketch only works on Mac, so it needs to be a Mac)
- Headphones (optional but recommended)
Dave is a UX Designer at Fruto (UX Design studio). He has been delivering digital workshops and training for 8+ years to senior stakeholders, product and design teams, and users. He has also worked in schools and as a Design Club mentor for children learning design thinking.
Dave has worked across healthcare, engineering, education, and publishing, and enjoys working with organisations to integrate UX into their product lifecycle.