B4 Masterclass with CQR: “Making Cyber Simple – Protecting Your Business”
Thursday 27th February 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
The cyber security threat landscape can be a challenging topic to master, it is fast-evolving and more sophisticated every day. Cyber security is a hot topic in the boardrooms and in the media, CQR understand many businesses may find it difficult to get started and maintain a robust set of cyber security controls to protect your company and its information.
CQR’s masterclass will provide guidance on the 9 simple cost-effective cyber security controls that will help protect your business against common cyber-attacks and threats. When these controls are in place and operating effectively it will mitigate 85% of targeted cyber-attacks.
About Giles Rothwell, Cyber Security Specialist
Giles Rothwell will present the Masterclass and is one of CQR’s lead cyber security specialists with over 20 years’ experience in cyber security, IT and risk management.
Giles has worked globally across all markets and clients covering small, medium and enterprise businesses. His expertise is to provide proactive cyber security strategic advice, conduct technical security assessments, penetration testing (#hacking) of applications and networks. His technical work is underpinned by his experience in risk management covering IT disaster recovery, business continuity and cyber security frameworks such as ISO 27001.
Suitable for: SME’s to Enterprise Businesses.
Knowledge required: None.
- 12:00 – 12:15 Arrival and drinks reception
- 12:15 – 13:00 Presentation
- 13:00 – 13:30 Light lunch and networking
All of our events operate under the No Show policy.
Unless we receive notification at least 48 hours in advance of the published start time of the event in question, we will issue an invoice as stated below for each event, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. B4 Classic Events £15; B4 Dinners £150 if not already paid for your ticket, £50 if already paid for your ticket; B4 Masterclasses £25; B4 Business Lunches £25; NX Events £10 (All stated charges are net of VAT which will be charged at the prevailing rate).
The proceeds will be passed on to our nominated charity or social enterprise from the NEXUS group of partners (see NEXUS website). Please note if we do not receive payment for your invoice we reserve the right to deny you entry to all future B4 events.
Event Terms & Conditions
- B4 reserves the right to deny access to any of its events for any reason without justification. This includes guests of hosts at B4 Classic Events, B4 Dinners, Masterclasses, Business Lunches and NX Events.
- If you are unable to attend a B4 event for any reason, please notify us in writing no later than 72 hours before the event
- Other terms and conditions may apply and enforced by B4 from time to time as B4 sees appropriate such as limiting B4 Members to a certain number of spaces at events.
- Your registration is not complete until you have received a confirmation e-mail. Please get in touch if you do not receive one.
- Photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. Attendees are warned that flash photography will be used at this event – we apologise in advance for any disturbance this may course.
- It is not appropriate to leave flyers, business cards on tables, or banners at the venue. Any found will be disposed of.