Oxford is home to one of the world’s most celebrated universities and known as ‘The city of dreaming spires’. History and heritage surround you in Oxford, with almost 1,000 buildings of architectural interest within just one square mile. Wander down any street or lane and you will find something of University life, both past and present.
Oxford offers a huge choice of unique and exciting venues, the Colleges of the University are at the very heart of the city, with iconic buildings, timeless quadrangles and immaculate gardens, the Bodleian Library, one of the oldest libraries in Europe, the Ashmolean Museum, founded in 1683, is the University’s museum of art and archaeology, housing world famous collections ranging from Egyptian mummies to contemporary art, telling human stories across cultures and across time. The Sheldonian Theatre, an exquisite Grade I listed historic venue designed by Sir Christopher Wren, the Oxford University Museum of Natural History with its towering dinosaurs, the Pitt Rivers Museum housingone of the world’s finest collections of anthropology and archaeology from around the globe and Christ Church Great Hall, familiar to fans of the Harry Potter films, which inspired the set of Hogwarts; dining hall, are just a few of Oxford’s world famous attractions and all are available to hire for your special event.
It’s easier than you think to hold your event in the world-renowned surroundings of the University of Oxford. Let Conference Oxford be your first point of contact when looking for a venue for a residential or day conference, a meeting, a celebratory dinner, an award ceremony, a party or wedding.
The service offered by Conference Oxford is free, available to everyone and includes:
- A venue search amongst their College and University venues
- Site-visits arranged for you to view the conference and event facilities
- Support and advice should you need to use more than one venue for you event
- Choose from 59 unique, modern and historic venues:
- Meetings and conferences: With outstanding facilities for every type of training session, meeting or conference. From small traditional oak-panelled meeting rooms for 10 to large, contemporary lecture theatres and conference halls for up to 750, all offering high performance equipment and advanced technology.
- Residential events: With over 6,700 bedrooms, a mixture of standard and ensuite, from modern to more traditional. Bed and breakfast and full board are available at highly competitive rates.
- Celebrations: When looking for a wonderful setting for a special anniversary, a romantic backdrop for your wedding or a special venue for a drinks reception or party, where you and your guests can celebrate in style, then the University and its colleges have the perfect venue for your special occasion.
Whatever your requirements, the Conference Oxford team will provide you with the information, advice and support necessary to ensure a memorable, successful event that will create a lasting impression.
Email email@example.com to get in touch.