Aston and James Office Supplies
Over the past 28 years Aston and James have built a wealth of experience, knowledge and an outstanding reputation through working with local businesses, just like yours. Starting as a small entrepreneurial venture to now employing 18 staff across a multitude of business functions, our core focus remains the same to put our customers at the centre of everything we do.
We are proud that our business has been able to embrace change, diversify and build on what our customers require to run their businesses efficiently and effectively.
We believe in building partnerships to get to know you and understand your business. This allows us to develop and implement relevant and suitable solutions, along with a great selection of products, delivered in a way that’s best for you. This is why we are well on our way to fulfilling our mission of becoming Oxfordshire’s leading workplace solutions provider.
When you choose to partner with Aston and James, you get all the benefits of ‘buying local’ with absolutely no compromise. We are partnered with powerful global buyers, enabling us to successfully compete against our largest national competitors.
Even though we are your local choice, we have the network to deliver our services nationwide. If you operate from multiple locations, we have you covered.
Our business is run and managed by local people who understand your needs, and care about the Oxfordshire community. All of our staff, including the six family members within the business, adopt a personal approach to service. Everything we do is designed to deliver total consistency throughout your experience and to nurture a relationship with you.
Aston and James are also an award winning company:
- Voted Thames Valley Family Business of the Year at the FBU Awards for 2017
- Winner of 2015 & 2017 Small Business Award at the West Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Winner of 2015 Corporate Social Responsibility Award at the Cotswold Life Family Business Awards
- Winner of 2016 Oxfordshire’s Favourite Business at the Living in Oxford Awards
- Finalist for 2016 Business Person of the Year Award at the West Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Finalist for 2016 Young Business Person of the Year Award at the Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Winner of industry specific Dealer Excellence Award 2014, 2015, 2016
- Winner of industry specific Marketing Excellence Award 2016
Our core business services cover every aspect of your workplace requirements:
- Stationery: Over 16,000 products, delivered next day, with savings and service tailored around you and your business’s unique requirements.
- Facilities Management: From cleaning and janitorial, to cappuccinos and snacks, we can brighten up your day and keep your office squeaky clean.
- Ink & Toners: We supply consumables for every machine, and we can turn your old printer cartridges back into cash.
- Furniture: We have the range and the knowledge, so you can put your feet up and let us do all the hard work.
- Machines & MPS: We will help you choose the best device for your office, and even if technology lets you down, we won’t.
- Print: Connecting you with your customers through a multitude of print services and capabilities.
- Gifts & Workwear: Let us help you create a winning campaign with promotional gifts, or get advertising on the move with our range of personalised clothing.
- Shredding: Protect yourself using our shredding products or services to ensure you don’t lure identity theft towards your business.
- Eco Solutions: We can recycle your paper and stop your cartridges ending up in landfill.
Another B4 Membership benefit
B4 have teamed up with Aston & James to bring B4 member’s demonstrable savings on your workplace supplies, alongside excellent service from a trusted B4 partner.
B4’s Chief Executive, Richard Rosser explains why Aston & James are the perfect partner for this new offering. “The B4 Buying Group provides us with another opportunity to add value to the B4 Membership package. With more events, a great new website and increasing profile on our social media platforms, we need to keep improving the B4 Membership offering and this is an excellent complement to the already extensive list of B4 Membership benefits. We are delighted to be providing this new service alongside Aston & James.
“We have always been very vocal in our support for Aston & James, as in all of our dealings with them we have never experienced anything other than professionalism, great service, courtesy and unbeatable prices. That’s a hard combination to maintain at the best of times but the team have never failed to deliver once throughout our five year relationship and that’s why we are more than comfortable partnering with Darren and his team in this exciting new venture.”
Benefits of the B4 Buying Group include:
- Free survey on everything for your workplace. One of Aston & James’ Account Managers will prepare a tailor-made report detailing areas where they could save your business money
- Competitive pricing available on an extensive range of products
- Exclusive monthly promotional programme
- Product sourcing service
- Exclusive B4 Buying Group landing page
- Free next day delivery
- Dedicated in-house support (Account Manager, Sales Support and Driver)
- Free artwork set-up on PPE & Workwear
- Free workplace design service
- Long term benefits: Even more savings as B4 Members grow and command even more competitive prices
To find out more about our services, please get in touch. Take a closer look; you’ll love what you discover!
Improving your Company’s CSR Start Small Even if your business is small, you can still make changes to improve your CSR. Not every change needs to be drastic. Sometimes the simplest changes can have the biggest impact. Simple steps such as choosing to source from companies that have a CSR policy, buying recycled paper and […]
If you are struggling to motivate your workforce, it’s probably time to make some changes Businesses with happy, healthy staff benefit from higher workplace energy levels, increased levels of staff morale, increased productivity, better job satisfaction and staff retention, which naturally, in turn impacts on the efficiency and profitability of your business. Additionally, young exciting […]
If you are looking to save money and enhance the service levels you are currently receiving, then use the local choice, Aston and James. Promoting an active workplace… Your working environment has a massive impact on your everyday wellbeing and happiness. Many of us are now working much longer hours, skipping our lunch breaks and […]
If you are looking to save money and enhance the service levels you are currently receiving, then use the local choice, Aston and James. We’ll assess your situation… For staff that are office based and use a screen to work, it’s the law to carry out a Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessment for every workstation. […]
What do you do with your old cartridges? If you’re not currently involved in a collection or recycle scheme, why not consider Aston & James’s free ink and toner recycling service? You’ll help the environment and raise funds for local charity SeeSaw who offer vital grief support for young people and their families in Oxfordshire. […]
Local business Aston and James are running a 3-month awareness campaign to educate local businesses on the importance of active movement in the workplace to encourage wellbeing. The campaign’s called Love your Workplace, and features blogs, advice, discount offers and free trials on products designed to improve wellbeing at work. This article gives you an […]
If you are looking to save money and enhance the service levels you are currently receiving, then use the local choice, Aston and James. Written by: Darren Aston We are a local business, managed and run by local people… Since 1990 we have built a wealth of experience, knowledge and an outstanding reputation through working […]
As the recent news headlines have suggested, we’re in for a prolonged spell of very cold weather this winter. With temperatures in Oxfordshire having already dropped to – 4.9°C, scientists have predicted that the ‘La Nina’ phenomenon will herald an unusually cold start to this winter; the coldest for 7 years. Those more vulnerable in […]
If you are looking to save money and enhance the service levels you are currently receiving, then use the local choice, Aston and James. written by: Darren Aston Don’t lure identity theft towards your business… Your company stores information which could be a huge risk to your business in the wrong hands. According to the […]
Top tips for getting the most out of the next exhibition you attend. Written by: Darren Aston In work circles, summer tends to be the season for exhibitions, so rather than going along to the next one in the calendar and figuring out all the dos and don’ts for yourself, read over our tips for […]
Are you constantly checking your phone for work messages? Are you one of the growing number of people that take their phone to bed at night? Do you check your phone before brushing your teeth in the morning? Written by: Darren Aston If you answer yes to any of these questions you are not alone […]
Aston & James have partnered up with a leader in ergonomic product design and manufacturer Fellowes to get behind the sit and stand movement and raise the awareness on benefits to business and employees. Lots of businesses are starting to look at ways to improve their employee wellbeing are you one of them? Written by: […]
If you are looking to save money and enhance the service levels you are currently receiving, then use the local choice, Aston and James. Written by: Darren Aston Let us brighten up your day… It’s the little things that brighten up your day; that first cup of coffee in the morning, an ice cold Coke […]
Whatever your printer brand, Xerox Supplies from Aston and James have your printing needs covered with savings, quality, performance and reliability. Xerox Replacement Cartridges on average are 25% cheaper than an original branded version. They offer a Lifetime Guarantee, Customer Hotline, Free replacement of defective cartridges, and complete reimbursement in case of printer damage. Written […]
For most companies, spend on printing (including consumables, hardware and maintenance) is the third highest operating cost expense behind building rent at number one and wages at number two. That’s a lot of money when you consider that around 90% of companies couldn’t tell you exactly how many printers they have in their workplace! Also […]
In celebration of our New Workplace Showroom we are holding an Open Week. We invite you to come along to our offices to see our extended range and explore what the new space has to offer. We are officially opening our doors Tuesday 24th January – Friday 27th January We would love you to come […]
I’m sure 90% of people’s new years resolutions will be to “get in shape”. Obviously for those who work in an office it can be tough; sat behind a desk all day drinking tea and coffee and no doubt someone has brought biscuits or cake in. So how can you keep on top of your […]
For most companies Printing (including consumables, hardware and maintenance) is the third highest operating expense behind rent and wages that’s a lot of money especially with around 90% of workplaces not being able to say how many printers are actually on site. We have just posted a new blog focusing on managed print services which […]