We’re seeing the word Innovation used a lot right now, likely because innovation tends to occur during a time of crisis, chaos, or as a disruptive force in reaction to something else, and things have certainly been disrupted over the past year. So how can we innovate and disrupt the status quo in a positive fashion, to ensure we grow with a changing landscape and don’t get left behind?
Tagore is an award-winning director specialising in high growth Craft Drinks companies. You might know him as a director and Co-Founder of The Oxford Artisan Distillery. He is also a director of start-up distillery Ten Hides in Devizes and of the embryonic English Whisky Guild. He is an Ambassador for IoD Oxfordshire focusing on SMEs as well as an Ambassador for Investors in Community. He also writes children’s books!
About The Innovation Toolkit with Stephen Spencer
There’s reopening, then there’s building back better, then there’s creating a sustainable long-term future, for our communities, our destinations and for our businesses. The Innovation Toolkit will introduce inspirational people, practical case studies, and innovation-led techniques to foster an innovation mindset and motivate the audience to take action, together, to build forward better.
The Innovation Toolkit is designed to facilitate business journeys from crisis/stagnation to a new sustainable future, via the application of tools and techniques including:
- POSITIVE Compass – a diagnostic tool designed to create a rounded view of the organisation’s current position, challenges and assets. The eight-step process can be facilitated or done as a self-assessment, covering the following:
- Purpose – finding your Why? Mission, vision and values
- Organisation – fit for (a changed) purpose?
- Service – what is your value proposition for customers?
- Innovation – how adaptable are you? How much change is needed?
- Team – who do you rely on to deliver your value proposition?
- Incentive – how effective are your reward and recognition programmes?
- Verdict – what results are you achieving? How will you measure success?
- Energy – how will you drive and sustain momentum?
- Experience Explorer – an innovation process matching assets to consumers and business models, leading to reimagined business with new energy and built for sustainability
InSite – providing a framework and expertise to build a new model, using innovative systems thinking, enabling the new strategy to be implemented with maximum effectiveness and long-term viability.