We are supporting a client with their large archive of documents which has suffered smoke damage from a fire that occurred in their building. Fortunately for our clients, the documents were in their fireproof safes so apart from smoke damage they survived fairly well.
Preserving vital corporate and historical documents is a huge responsibility as the papers have to be kept safe and intact for years to decades. To combat the inevitable aging or damage of papers, clients find solutions in document scanning services where physical deterioration of papers is no longer an issue.
Paper documents are definitely vulnerable to floods, fires, and other natural disasters. The last thing you will want is to see them vanish without any backups. Losing vital papers will absolutely have a significant impact on your business and archives and you do not want this to happen.
In maintaining electronic files, data loss is no longer an issue. Leaving vital files elsewhere will no hamper or cause postponement in important meetings. Authorised users with rights simply have to connect their devices on the web and access the online repository where all files can be viewed and downloaded.
Here are the basic steps we assist you with for every scanning project:
- Removing any bindings on your files or documents to prepare them for scanning.
- Prepping single or double-sided documents to convert them to digital images.
- Indexing for every file, page, or even an entire document to make it easier to find.
- OCR services so your documents can be converted to editable text.
- Once the document conversion is complete, we’ll deliver your new digital files on the medium that you choose.
Our professionals have training in document recovery use efficient tools from our restoration studio to restore archives that have experienced age and smoke related issues. Some of the documents and photos we save include:
- Documents, Newsprints, Catalogues, Logbooks, Diaries and Books
- Library Materials Compact Discs, Diskettes, Laser Discs, Magnetic Media
- Audio and Video Tapes
- Blueprints, Drawings, Maps, Plans
- Film, Negatives, Photographs, Slides